Tuesday, January 6, 2015

BA2 Briefing

I'll begin my research portfolio by stating the exact brief we have been given for our project for BA2 and what is expected of me for this term.

  • I am to develop and create a game-ready Gargoyle sculpture in the style of my choosing. 
  • The asset must be suitable for use in a CURRENT GEN platform game (Xbox One/Playstation4/PC). 
  • The gargoyle will be a non-articulated statue and will not be animated. 
  • The final asset must demonstrate efficient topology and must also be fully textured.

Our task is to create a gargoyle specifically and as oppose to a grotesque it must contain a feasible water spout that would in theory be function-able or appear so within a game.

The asset will be created using the 3D sculpting programme ZBrush and textured accordingly.

For submission I must have:

  • A fully realised digital sculpture and turntable render (.ZPR & .MOV)
  • A document evidencing iteration and my design process (PDF)
  • Examples of anatomical life drawing (PDF)
  • And a reflective journal and 500 word evaluation (BLOG/PDF/URL)
My initial thoughts are to look immediately into the variation of preexisting gargoyles and the materials they are created from as well as looking into their origin and cultural influences and meaning behind them. Upon establishing a theme or time period, and using the research i have gathered, i will attempt to realise this gargoyle in an imaginative and innovative way and hopefully create an interesting and unique design.

No comments:

Post a Comment