Thursday, February 19, 2015

BA2 3D Human Anatomy Tests

As I iterate my gargoyle it is clear the the piece will have many human qualites to it primarily in its face and upper torso and felt that it would be important for me to start creating some simple tests into creating these forms and tuning myself to be able to create these organic structures and stay true to the likeliness of a human being.


Though my sculpt is currently designed to be a woman, or at least have the characteristics as such I started my first trial bust of a head as a male. This is due to several life drawing sessions I have recently had of male poses and used several of these drawings as helpful references as well as it being a form I am rather familiar with. 

The next bust however is that of a woman, or at least an attempt to.




I concentrated on facial features and trying to give it a feminine form. I found I actually struggled in creating a feminine features despite references and the face looked far more alien to me than I would have liked. This could however be due to the lack of hair, eyes and a neck that may have been helpful in creating something familiar. It is rare to see only a head anyway. The nose however I felt was successful and something I may import into the final sculpt.











I realised when creating the ears that I was finding it difficult to create the relevant grooves and ridges involved in an ear when sculpting directly from the head.

I chose to thus create it as a seperate subtool.


Though I believe the sculpt came out semi successful for a low poly piece I made a decision within my 2D designs not to incorporate major facial features such as eyes, ears and a mouth and have gone into explanation as to why in my next post. This ear however has acted as a good form of practice into organic forms and has taught me how to combine and mirror subtools as well as dynamesh's capabilities in providing more information on areas that were previously stretched.

The next update will be on my 2D designs and what stage I am at in terms of making decisions on how the final piece will look and feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment