Thursday, February 19, 2015

BA2 3D Trials and learning ZBrush

Taking a pause from my initial 2D sketches I had to start attuning myself to working in 3D as the final piece for this unit is a 3D sculpt of my gargoyle in ZBrush. From what I've experienced so far ZBrush is an excellent tool for creating high poly assets with great detail and a great form of realising your designs in 3D. Through the creation of your 3D designs you realise that the 3rd plane actually allows you to see into problems you may not have considered in your 2D iterations alone.

My first sculpt wasn't directly relevant to my design as it was simply a means of learning the tools within and acted as a way of attempting to make a typical gargoyle bust just to ease my entrance into the 3D world of design.














As well as creating a simple gargoyle bust I returned home after the first session to readdress what had been taught in our directed session and created a simple head sculpt of a sort of alien crossed with an insect style head. This was more for personal work but was a helpful guide into utilising subtools and understanding subdivision levels.

Any future 3D work I produce will be relevant to my designs however as I believe after several directed sessions and some practice in ZBrush I will be able to create some designs and helpful pieces towards my final sculpt. As I get to grips with the programme I will continue with my 2D designs until I have a final design idea for ZBrush and will begin on realising this design in 3D.

No comments:

Post a Comment