Thursday, February 19, 2015

BA2 Creating My Final Sculpt 1 (Upper Body)

The entire sculpt was going to be a big thing to tackle with many different pieces coming together to create this piece.

I felt it logical to start with the largest mass of the body and created a very simple Zphere structure to begin my work from.



This mass would help start to form the main silhouette of a female figure where clothing and metal plating would be added to later. At this point the main focus was to create the upper body and arms paying mind not to focus on detail too soon.



On the main form had been sculpted I began to refine areas making clearer edges and smoothing out areas slowly starting to reveal bone structures and muscles groups.



The idea was the make a rather frail lookings body, not muscly or powerful, but almost starved and skeletal in form yet not so much that it would look disproportionate. For this I emphasised the rib cage and collar bones.



The next stage was hollowing out the stomach as it would act as an opening in the design. The ribs I felt were a natural cut of point and accentuate the hole better.

Next I sculpted the hands separately using the ZSphere model I had previously learnt to use and added them to the main body sculpt.


At this stage I had the Upper torso at a high level of completion and the hands finished, the next stage would be to design the wings as they would need to be created separately and brought in at a later point.

No comments:

Post a Comment